I am currently (as of Spring 2015) a PhD student in the SBP Lab here at CMU. My interests are in Robot Design, System Integration, Path Planning, Exploration, Navigation, and High-level Control.
I am also looking for a job...
19 years as a Navy Officer - qualified and served as a Ship's Engineer for a Fast-Attack Nuclear Submarine (USS OKLAHOMA CITY, SSN-723) and division officer (USS TOLEDO, SSN-769).
Taught undergrad Logic Design Lab and Intro to Robotics courses.
- Tools - Mill, Lathe, Brake, Press, just about every hand tool known to mankind
- Past Projects - automotive engine rebuild, ground robot design & construction, UAV design & construction
- Residential construction, digital circuit design, SMD soldering, PCB layout
- Software - C, C++, 6800 series assembly, Matlab, Solidworks, Linux, ROS
- Hardware - Arduino, COM Express, TTL, SMD
Past Robotics Projects
Designed and constructed the frame, computer case, stabilization system and other mechanical components, and the electrical distribution and storage systems, .
Modified existing UAV kit to add sensors and additional computational devices to the UAV. Wrote the drivers, controllers, and high-level logic control nodes for the system. Performed all flight testing and design verifications testing.